Vacancy announcement for web-site content management consultant
As an Implementing Organization of the EU financed ENPI/FLEG Regional Program "Improving Forest Law Enforcement and Governance (FLEG) in the European Neighborhood Policy East Countries and Russia" (www.enpi-fleg.org), the World Bank is announcing an opening for IT Consultant to develop issues pertaining to the ENPI FLEG Program implementation in Azerbaijan, with respect to technological support of maintaining of Programâ€™s electronic resources, including the country website that addresses issues such as stakeholder awareness and commitment, national ownership and capacity, and knowledge sharing.
About the Program: The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including the reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, WWF and IUCN.
Description: The purpose of the assignment is to provide technological support to the program activities aiming at rising of public awareness and improved access to information and better public participation in the FLEG-related field. Specifically, the Consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the following tasks:
- Provide technical support for maintaining the ENPI /FLEG country web-site;
- Update and modernization of the web-site regularly and as needed;
- In collaboration with the Editing Consultant and Media and Public Awareness Consultant identify target audience, moderate the serve list of users/subscribers; maintain websiteâ€™s user-friendly interface and conveniency for use by wide range of stakeholders and focus groups;
- Manage special pages on Youtube, Twitter and Facebook
- Cooperate with counterparts from other countries of program implementation;
- Maintaining database, graphics and diagrams on the web,;
- As instructed by the Program Coordinator, carry out any other appropriate associated work that may be requested to effectively perform the program activities.
In implementation of the tasks above, the Consultant will work together with Media and the Public Awareness, Publication Editing Consultants.
The following specific qualifications shall be met:
- Master degree, Associates or Bachelors degree in IT, Journalism or related field (preferably high education);
- Previous experience in management of the electronic information web resources and design;
- Websites management, maintenance and qualitative update experience;
- A strong knowledge in computer application programs (Microsoft Office, Visual Basic, Visual C, and ASP);
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Solid technical background and understanding with a variety of platforms;
- Work effectively within a team as well as independently;
- Manage multiple tasks in an efficient manner;
- Capable of understanding issues in the field of natural resource management;
- Good knowledge of English, fluent in Russian and Azerbaijani.
Technical understanding of the following:
- Desktop Operating Systems (2000 / XP / Vista)
- Server Operating Systems (2000 / 2003 / 2008)
- Email Servers (Exchange 2000 / 2003 / 2007, Kerio)
- Backup Solutions (Windows Backup Tools, Various Backup Tools)
- Database Servers (MySQL, SQL Server 2000 / 2005)
- Directory Services (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Web Services (IIS, ASP)
- Internet Protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, FTP, TCP\IP)
- Domain registration, DNS hosting, Email flow and Spam filtering technologies
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Duration: 6 month starting from September 2013
Application process: Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and References (please use forms provided)
Deadline: WB is seeking to fill this position as soon as possible; the final deadline for submitting applications is 08 September, 2013. Short-listed candidates only will be invited for an interview.
- Files: 1.03.ToR Azerbaijan ENPI FLEG II IT Consultant (178 kB)