Azerbaijan: IUCN is seeking a Forest Education Consultant to develop a National Educational Support Pack
IUCN is seeking a Forest Education Consultant to develop a National Educational Support Pack for teachers on the sustainable use of forestry resources for schools in the framework of ENPI FLEG program in Azerbaijan.
About the Program: The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including the reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, WWF and IUCN.
Description: Under the overall and direct supervision of the ENPI-FLEG Program Country Communications Coordinator Azerbaijan, the Consultant will be responsible for the development of:
- Educational Pack comprises a methodology of teaching of curriculums and visual printing materials;
- In cooperation with the Ministry of Education participation in preparation of the conception of the â€śYoung Foresterâ€™s Schoolâ€ť and their trial adaptation in pilot schools;
- Participation in development of training (educational) module for the respective students of the forest faculty of the State Agriculture Academy ;
- Adoption to the local conditions and pilot approbation of the methodology and the module in out-of-program high schools and forestry.
- Ensure training of all relevant project stakeholders in environmental management
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of documentation of experiences, lessons learnt, case studies, success stories, etc.
Qualifications: Consultants must have a higher education in environmental science, geography or other comparative university degree with at least three years experience in relevant environmental education experience
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Duration: 6 months with likelihood of extension
Starting date: ASAP
Application process: Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the CVâ€™s attached.
Deadline: final deadline for submitting applications is 23 September , 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.