IUCN is announcing an opening for Website Developer/Designer for "Hayantar SNCO" State Forestry Agency in Armenia.
In the framework of the Program "Improving Forest Law Enforcement and Governance (FLEG) in the European Neighborhood Policy East Countries and Russia", IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) is announcing an opening for Website Developer/Designer for "Hayantar SNCO" State Forestry Agency in Armenia.
About the Program: The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including the reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, WWF and IUCN.
Under the overall and direct supervision of the ENPI-FLEG Country Program Coordinator Armenia (CPC), the Consultant will be responsible for the production of a bilingual website (in Armenian and English languages) that is modern, interactive and user-friendly. The Consultant will coordinate closely with IUCN CPC to ensure proper thematic delivery of tasks.
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Development/design of a bilingual website (in Armenian and English languages) that is modern and interactive, has simple interface and smooth navigation, is an open source web Content Management System (CMS) and is a good information resource and working tool (user-friendly administrative panel and interface) for easy use and maintaining by the forestry agency in particular.
- Work closely with â€˜Hayantar SNCOâ€™ and its designated public information officer who will provide the content for the website.
- Provide a specific training to the staff of forestry agency and operational support for a period of one (1) month which may be extended until proper maintenance is ensured.
- Provide maintenance support of the website concurrently with the training to be delivered to the staff of forestry agency.
Usability and interactive design are one of the most important aspects of the website. The website should be compatible with most of Web browsers, particularly with Mozilla Firefox (starting from v.2.0), Opera (starting from v. 9). It should meet the RA Government's IT security standards.
It should also be compatible with various screen sizes and resolutions.
As the information will be presented in English and in Armenian the user should see the same page when switched to the other language. The website should be implemented in Unicode. Each topic in the web site should have link to printable version
- The final product is the approved version of key visuals, the interactive web site which includes animation, java applications, interactive feedback forms and forum options;
- At least two different versions of the web site design shall be submitted to the ENPI FLEG Program for the approval.
- The website must show the logos of IOs and the ECâ€™s copyright and disclaimer information.
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Duration: 3 months
Starting date: 25 October 2010
Application process: Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and References using the forms provided.
Deadline: the final deadline for submitting applications is October 10, 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.