Consulting Organization â€“ Pilot Project Implementation, Local Capacity Building
IUCN is announcing an opening for Consulting Organization to implement pilot activities in specific regions of Georgia in the framework of the regional program "Improving Forest Law Enforcement and Governance in the European Neighbourhood Policy East Countries and Russia" (ENPI FLEG)
About the Program: The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including the reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, WWF and IUCN.
Description: The Consulting Organization will be responsible for implementation pilot activities in specific regions of Georgia associated with strengthening of capacity of local communities for revenue collection from sustainable utilization of timber and non-timber forest products. This will also include responsibility of the Consulting Organization for capacity building of local population in planning, management and implementation of small scale projects related to legal use of timber/non timber forest resources. Please see attached ToR for more information..
Qualifications: The position requires an organization with minimum 5 years experience in implementation of income generated small scale projects in the field of forest and natural resources. Key experts should have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. The following specific qualifications must be met:
- A Masters or higher degree in a discipline that is relevant to economic, business management or forest and natural resource management;
- Practical experience in implementation of income generated small scale projects preferably in the field of forest and natural resources;
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing and market related issues in Georgia;
- Knowledge and understanding of the current forest management and governance issues in Georgia;
- Established partner relations with local groups/organizations in the regions of Georgia will be an asset;
- Proven project work at international, national and local levels, including some supervisory experience;
- Experience in providing quality technical reports;
- Highly developed communication skills, including the preparation of high quality reports and the delivery of presentations;
- Ability to work under pressure, sometimes with extended hours, and to meet tight deadlines without compromising the quality of outputs;
- Knowledge of IUCNâ€™s work globally and regionally is an asset;
- Computer literacy;
- Fluency in oral and particularly written English is an asset;
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity to gender issues;
- Availability and willingness to travel.
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia
Duration: 10 month
Starting date: October 2010
Application process: Applications should be e-mailed to: email@example.com and should include Consulting Firmâ€™s References and CVs of experts (please use forms provided)
Deadline: IUCN is seeking to fill this position as soon as possible; the final deadline for submitting applications is October 8, 2010