Vacancy Announcement for Forestry Consultant (Azerbaijan)
WWF Branch Office in Azerbaijan within the framework of EU financed ENPI/FLEG Regional Program "Improving Forest Law Enforcement and Governance (FLEG) in the European Neighborhood Policy East Countries and Russia" (www.enpi-fleg.org) is announcing an opening for translator / interpreter to translate of documents and consecutive and, if required, simultaneous interpretation from Azerbaijani into English and vice versa.
About the Program
The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including strengthening governance and reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, in partnership with WWF and IUCN.
Scope of Work
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager (WWF Azerbaijan Office), the translator/interpreter will:
- Translate relevant documents from Azerbaijani into English and from English into Azerbaijani;
- Consecutively interpret at various meetings and/or training activities;
- If necessary, simultaneously interpret at various meetings and/or training activities;
Duration and estimated time input
The translatorâ€™s/interpreterâ€™s work will last for approximately one year during the period starting in July 2011 and ending in June 2012. The contracts are expected to be signed for this entire period of time.
Qualification requirements and evaluation criteria
- University or college (or equivalent) diploma/degree of an interpreter/translator (English language);
- Extent of overall working experience as a translator and interpreter (English- Azerbaijani and Azerbaijani -English);
- Extent of working experience in translation of documents in the field of forestry or a related subject (Azerbaijani -English and English- Azerbaijani);
- Extent of working experience in simultaneous and consecutive interpretation at meetings associated with forestry or a related field (Azerbaijani -English and English- Azerbaijani).
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan with travel, when necessary, to the identified locations near Shahdagh NP
Duration: One year starting in July 2011
Application process: Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and Cost Estimate of translator / interpreter services (please use the forms provided)
Deadline: WWF Azerbaijan is seeking to fill this position as soon as possible; the final deadline for submitting applications is June 25, 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be evaluated and, if needed, interviewed.