Vacancy announcement for the Forest Education Consultant (Azerbaijan)
As an Implementing Organization of the EU financed ENPI FLEG Regional Program "Improving Forest Law Enforcement and Governance (FLEG) in the European Neighborhood Policy East Countries and Russia" (www.enpi-fleg.org), the World Bank is announcing an opening for the Forest Education Consultant to provide support to the ENPI FLEG Country Team in preparation and conduction of the specific activities in the area of the environmental education aiming at efficient and effective implementation of the Program goals.
About the Program: The ENPI FLEG program supports governments, civil society, and the private sector in participating countries in the development of sound and sustainable forest management practices, including the reducing the incidence of illegal forestry activities. Participating countries include Azerbaijan, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. This program is funded by the European Union and is being implemented by the World Bank, WWF and IUCN.
Description: The purpose of the assignment is to provide support to the ENPI FLEG Country Team in preparation and conduction of the specific activities in the area of the environmental education aiming at efficient and effective implementation of the Program goals. The Forest Education Consultant will work out respective documents and conduct trainings in the area of the environmental and forest education according to the needs of the ENPI FLEG Country Team. Specifically, the Consultant will be responsible for the fulfilment of the following tasks;
- Participation in preparation and implementation of training (educational) modules on the forest education for teachers of higher education institutions;
- Organization and conduction of trainings for the secondary schoolsâ€™ teachers in the pilot regions to assist in development of the young foresters teams;
- Assisting of education specialists and teachers in set up the school-based young foresters teams in the forest regions;
- Organization and conduction of the national contest â€śOur forest is our wealthâ€ť and school conference â€śProtect the forestsâ€ť to promote knowledge and skills in the area of forest education and forestry;
- In cooperation with the State Ganja Agrarian Academy to develop the educational standards in the area of the forestry;
- In cooperation with the educational specialists to develop the forestry tutorial for the higher education students;
- Conduction of round tables, trainings and seminars with the participation of media representatives, students, NGOs, education specialists and teachers aimed to promote and develop forest education in the country;
- Together with the schoolchildren organization of field trips of educational and practical character and biodiversity monitoring in the forests;
- Publication and circulation of the leaflets, memos, handouts and other printed materials for the schoolchildren.
The following specific qualifications shall be met:
- Master Degree in environmental science, biology, geography or other comparative university degree;
- Fluency in both spoken and written Azerbaijani and Russian;
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in the area environmental education;
- Knowledge of environmental education tools, as well as structures and policies of national education authorities;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Proven training and mentoring skills;
- Comprehension of information systems and software.
Location: Baku, Azerbaijan
Duration: 4 month starting from November 2011
Application process: Applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV and References (please use forms provided)
Deadline: WB is seeking to fill this position as soon as possible; the final deadline for submitting applications is 25 October 2011. Short-listed candidates only will be invited for an interview.
- Files: fleg tor Education wb 10-2011 AZ (86 kB)