WWF-Caucasus Programme Office seeks consultant to facilitate workshop
WWF-Caucasus Programme Office is seeking a consultant to facilitate the Regional Workshop on Voluntary Forest Certification and Initiation of the Process of Elaboration of Sustainable Forest Management Standard for the Southern Caucasus (Batumi, Georgia) in May in Georgia.
Objective of the assignment
The objective of this assignment is to prepare the agenda and facilitate the workshop on Voluntary Forest Certification and Initiation of the Process of Elaboration of Sustainable Forest Management Standard for the Southern Caucasus (a two-day workshop to be held in Batumi, Georgia, on 23-24 May 2012). The workshop should kick-start the process of elaboration of a regional sustainable forestry standard for Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. It is expected that at the workshop, an agreement will be reached among the participants on the concrete steps towards elaboration of the above-mentioned regional standard. The standard could subsequently be used for voluntary forest certification in the Southern Caucasus.
Further details are included in the Terms of Reference (link at the bottom of this page).
Scope of work and time schedule
The consultant will:
- Obtain background information about the forestry sectors in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia as well as the perspectives of initiation of voluntary forest certification in these countries;
- Prepare the workshop agenda;
- Facilitate the workshop;
- Prepare the workshop proceedings and submit them to the WWF Project Manager.
In total, the duration of work is 12 working days.
Key qualification requirements and evaluation criteria
- University degree in forestry;
- Working experience in forest management and policy including voluntary forest certification;
- Working experience in countries in post-socialist transition (preferably Armenia, Azerbaijan and/or Georgia);
- Strong communication skills;
- Working knowledge of English and Russian.
Application process: Applications should be emailed to Ilia Osepashvili, Project Manager, WWF-Caucasus Programme Office: firstname.lastname@example.org and should include a CV (mandatory) and a cost estimate of services (optional at this stage). For the CV and cost estimate of services, please, use the templates attached to this announcement. CVs could also be sent by fax or post to the following address: 11 Aleksidze Street, 0193, Tbilisi, Georgia; Tel: 00995 32 2237500; Fax: 00995 32 2237501.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is 2 April 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be evaluated and, if necessary, interviewed.