ENPI FLEG Regional Consultant for an Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES â€“ INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION)
ENPI FLEG â€“ European Neighborhood Partnership Instrument â€“ Forest Law Enforcement and Governance
Assignment Title: ENPI FLEG Regional Consultant for an Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has secured financing from the World Bank toward the cost of implementing phase II of the ENPI FLEG Program, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The services include:
- Preparation of the methodology for conducting an Analytical Study on the Value of Forest Functions for Local Population in the participating countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine, and Russia;
- Overseeing and providing quality control of the national level studies in each of the seven participating countries;
- Compiling all of the information and data from country-level implementation of the forest function studies into a regional summary on Valuation of Forest Functions for Local Population;
- Facilitation of a regional conference and preparation of the publications on the results of the study.
This is a one-year assignment with the possibility of extension provided the consultant successfully implements the assignment and complies with the terms of his/her contract that is based on concrete deliverables.
An individual with proven research capabilities and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience is required. The following are minimum qualifications:
- Masterâ€™s or higher Degree in Environmental Economy, Forest and Natural resource management or other related subject;
- Prior experience in conducting research on economic valuation of the forest and environmental services or in other related fields;
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the current issues of Forest management and governance in ENPI East Countries and Russia as well as knowledge and acquaintance with governmental structures and other stakeholders preferably in all seven participating countries;
- Knowledge and understanding of and working experience with IUCN regulations and guidelines (previous working experience with IUCN is an asset) as well as strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in different cultural contexts;
- Proven ability to prepare and write high quality studies for economic evaluation of the forest and ecosystem services or in other related fields;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Knowledge of Russian is an asset;
- Computer literacy, including the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word or similar office applications, acquaintance with the principles of statistical analysis, as well as proficiency in performing internet research to support documents that may be required for program implementation.
The IUCN now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing their services. Interested consultants must provide their CVs with information demonstrating that they are qualified to perform the Services.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bankâ€™s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011)
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours local time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by October 25, 2013.
Attn: Ekaterine Otarashvili, Project Officer - ENPI FLEG
Tel: +41 22 999 0328
Fax: +44 22 999 0002
- Files: FLEG II REI Reg Consultant Forest Functionality (135 kB)